Friday, July 17, 2009

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party - 4th bday party

Our daughter wanted a Mickey Mouse theme birthday last year. I didn't have my cricut then but we did a lot of the decorations ourselves. Here are a few things that we did.


My Mom made the cake...
I made the headbands you see on the girls heads. They are made from plain white plastic headbands I got from ACMoore (2/$1.00). Then I took the sturdy felt and cut the ears out. I made a sleeve for the headband out of fabric felt and then hand sewn on the ears. They were a big hit.

Since we had the party at the park we had to make the shelter stand out (not really but we did anyway LOL). Here is a close up of wooden characters that we painted. We projected each character onto a piece of wood. Then cut them out, painted them, put a clear coat on top, then finally mounted to a stake so that we could hammer them into the ground. We tried to get each kids' picture with the characters.


Here is the view of the shelter from a distance. I guess we did stand out. LOL





2 comments:

  1. Love the cake, the headbands, and the large Mickey/friends! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! The large characters are sure fun!

    ReplyDelete