Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Daughter's Birthday Party

This year our Daughter turned 5 so we of course had a big party. She wanted a Princess Party but she also wanted to include the boys so the theme ended up being Knights & Princesses. I made the invitations on my computer using a Medieval Font. I had to be frugal so we made a lot of the deocorations. We bought the Fisher Price inflatable bouncer on sale for a little more than it would have been to rent one. My mom made her cake and we used things that we had around the house for the kids to play with. They had a GREAT time.

Our daughter's costume for her party.

We wanted the boys to be able to "slay" the dragon so we used the Dragon from the Cricut Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge. I used my markers and "cut" it on regular copy paper then projected it onto a piece of 1/4" plywood, then painted it the colors my daughter chose, we staked it in the yard. The boys had a FUN time slaying the dragon - they even broke the wood.
Since my Mom has made cakes since I was little she has of course made all of my daughters cakes. This year she made the castle cake. Everyone gasped over it.


I made the banner for her party using CDS to make the banner flags and added the Disney Princesses from Happily Ever After and Dreams Come True Cartridges. I also added the "extras" to fill up the empty space on the banners with the letters that spelled out HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY.




No comments:

Post a Comment